Amniotic Cell Therapy in Irving, TXOur healthcare staff is specially trained to diagnose and treat the source of your pain with Regenerative Cell Therapy. With regenerative medicine, you can benefit from your treatment without the risks and recovery time associated with more invasive procedures, such as surgery. Treatment is Under an IRB (Institutional Review Board) Approved Research Protocol with Board Certified Medical Providers Who Have Experience in Regenerative Medicine
What is Amniotic Cell Therapy?
Amniotic Cell Therapy is a non-surgical, non-steroidal regenerative treatment that is safe and effective. Scientists have discovered that amniotic fluid/membrane from the placenta contains an abundance of regenerative cells that mobilize stem cells, growth factors, and cytokines to not only help repair damaged tissue but also help regenerate it as well. (Please do NOT confuse this treatment with embryonic cells. This is NOT embryonic tissue; therefore, there is no legal or moral issue with this treatment.)
Amniotic Cell therapy offers a regenerative option to those suffering with arthritis and soft tissue conditions. Unlike stem cell procedures that are age or health dependent this one is not, and it does not require a painful harvesting procedure from one’s bone marrow. In addition, this treatment is no longer exclusive to just the professional athlete anymore. Grandparents, executives, retirees, and weekend warriors can all benefit from this treatment.
Male patient, 90 years young: Knee X-Ray (on the left) shows cartilage loss and degeneration. Knee X-Ray (on the right) was taken 6 months after completing our JointRenew Program™. The x-ray on the right shows cartilage regeneration. Patient feels 100% better and no longer needs a total knee replacement.
After (6 months later)
For decades, health care providers could only offer temporary pain relief to patients suffering with joint, soft tissue, or spine pain. Treatments such as pain medications, cortisone injections, and even many surgeries “cover up the pain”, and have dangerous side-effects. On the other hand, with regenerative treatments, such as amniotic cell therapy and stem cell therapy, not only is there a greater potential for pain relief, but the damage to the tissue can be repaired and ultimately regenerated.
WHAT IS Amniotic CELL THERAPY BY SEAN COOK
Why is Amniotic Cell Therapy so Beneficial?
There are five essential properties found in Amniotic Cell Therapy that are important for healing and restoring joint and spine health:
- Regenerative cells such as stem cells that help heal, repair, restore and regenerate.
- Hyaluronic Acid, carbohydrates and other enzymes necessary for joint lubrication and movement
- There are a very high number of anti-inflammatory cytokines to help relieve pain and inflammation. Cytokines are vital to the regenerative process because they help attract and mobilize the stem cells to the damaged area.
- A high concentration of cellular growth factors essential for building new joint tissue. There are an abundance of growth factors naturally found in amniotic tissue. Growth factors are important because without them regeneration of tissue would not be possible.
- Extracellular Matrix along with other proteins provide a natural scaffold to help facilitate cellular migration and proliferation. There is an abundant source of collagen that provides an extracellular matrix to act as a natural scaffold for cellular attachment in the body. Collagen provides a structural tissue matrix that facilitates, among other things, cell migration and proliferation in living tissue.
Amniotic Cell therapy has a natural abundance of Growth factors, cytokines, stem cells, hyaluronic acid, proteins, and other regenerative cells that all work together to relieve inflammation and pain, increase soft tissue repair, reconstruction, and regeneration.
Conditions Treated with Regenerative Cell Therapy:
- Chronic Joint Pain due to Degeneration (Arthritis): Knee, Hip, Shoulder, Elbow, Ankle, Lower Back, Neck or Other small, medium or large joints.
- Soft tissue injuries: Meniscus tears, Rotator Cuff tears, Plantar Fasciitis, Labrum tears or other ligament/tendon/muscle injuries
How is the procedure performed? How long does the procedure take? Is there any downtime?
The procedure is a simple injection, and requires NO recovery time. The injection is performed right in our office with musculoskeletal ultrasound guidance (real time x-ray: this eliminates all of the guesswork), and often provides pain relief after just ONE injection without the risks of surgery, general anesthesia, hospital stays or prolonged recovery.
You may not take any anti-inflammatories such as Alleve or Advil, Meloxicam, Cortisone or Prednisone for thirty days post injection. You may take Tylenol.
How is it Obtained?
The amniotic cells are obtained and collected from consenting mothers (in the United States) who have donated their placental tissue after delivering a live, healthy child by elective C-section birth. The donors have been thoroughly screened, and the tissue donation has been tested and screened for a full multitude of diseases per FDA guidelines; before and after the final product, and again before it gets sent out for use. Our procedures follow FDA Guidelines 21CFR Part 1271 and the American Association of Tissue Banks rules and guidelines. Please keep in mind, the placenta is normally discarded after a c-section. In addition, there is NO fetal or embryonic tissue in the cell therapy; therefore, there is no legal or moral issue with this treatment.
Is it Safe?
It is considered very safe and effective. They are considered immune privileged. Meaning they have not shown any immune reaction or injection reaction when injected into the patient. The injections have been used over 100,000 times in the United States with no reported adverse side effects and have a 100% safety record in Europe with 100,000’s of patients. In addition, the FDA considers Amniotic Cell Therapy a biologic allograft and has very stringent standards and regulations. The donated tissue is not only screened and tested before processing, but also upon final product and again prior to it getting delivered for use. Our tissue suppliers are in the United States of America, registered with the FDA and accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks. Our procedures follow FDA Guidelines 21CFR Part 1271 and the American Association of Tissue Banks rules and guidelines.
For clarification, this type of cell therapy does not come from an embryo or fetal tissue. Amniotic Cell Therapy raises no ethical or moral questions.
Amniotic Cell Therapy…Bottom Line…
- Supports Soft Tissue Repair
- Promotes Soft Tissue Regeneration/Reconstruction
- Reduces Pain and Inflammation
- Non-Surgical, No Downtime
- For Many, One Injection (with Ultrasound Guidance or Fluoroscopy) provides sustainable long-term relief
- Immune Privileged
- Unsurpassed Safety and Quality
- No Moral or Ethical Issues
- Tissue Bank Suppliers and donors are all in the United States of America. They are accredited by the FDA and the American Association of Tissue Banks
Why Choose Atlas Medical Center?
Our purpose at Atlas Medical Center is to get you out of pain, improve mobility, and avoid having unnecessary surgeries. Our unique JointRenew Program™ is exclusive to Atlas Medical Center. This advanced regenerative medical procedure uses a combination of two or more of the following: Stem Cell Therapy, Amniotic Cell Therapy, Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, and Advanced Non-invasive laser therapy to optimize healing. Our clinical experience has shown that this combination accelerates healing; by allowing the greatest number of regenerative cells along with non-invasive technology to work together to help regenerate the damaged area.
In addition, our treatment is offered under an IRB (Institutional Review Board) approved research protocol. This gives patients peace of mind knowing that a third party- that is not affiliated with our center has deemed the treatment safe. All of our medical providers are Board Certified, trained, and highly skilled in stem cell and regenerative cell procedures; and all injections are performed with ultrasound or fluoroscopy (real time x-ray). (This eliminates all guesswork so that the regenerative cells are injected precisely where they need to be.) This ensures that you’re always receiving the best possible treatment, and gives you the greatest chance for success!