The Vampire Facial®
The Vampire Facial is a patented and trademarked procedure that uses a combination of micro-needling (using the FDA cleared SkinPen®) and growth factors from your own blood to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps improve the texture and tone of your skin.
Is Your Face Showing These Signs of Aging?
- Skin color becomes grayer because of less blood flow
- Fine vertical lines around mouth
- Skin texture becomes less smooth
- Scars from trauma, acne, or chicken pox
Why the Vampire Facial?
Skin creams and facial peels can be helpful but sometimes not strong enough to rejuvenate the tissue adequately.
Retin A and other prescription medications (like hydroquinone) also improve texture and should be carefully prescribed in a way that gives benefit without adverse effects. But, still, the results can be slow and less than what’s needed.
Cosmetic Surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger, but a surgical facelift may not be appropriate for some people (especially when lots of skin is not the main problem.)
Hyaluronic (HA) fillers (like Juvéderm and Restylane) help restore a youthful volume and shape but do nothing to correct texture, tone or color.
Five Steps to a Vampire Facial®
- Numbing your face: A numbing cream is applied to your face so that you don’t experience any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Isolating the magic from your blood: One of our Medical Assistants draws your blood (enough to fill a small test tube). Using a powerful centrifuge, the platelets are isolated form the blood to form PRP (platelet rich plasma), this takes about 10 minutes. The platelets are then “activated” to release at least eight different growth factors that would normally be used to heal and repair injured tissue. For growth factors to work their magic to cause increased collagen and new blood flow, they must be applied on the face.
- “Painting” YOUR Growth Factors onto Your Face: The PRP is now “painted” onto the face because to rejuvenate new skin, these growth factors must be put on your face.
- Microneedling with the SkinPen (the only FDA Cleared microneedling device on the market): Microneedling (using the SkinPen) creates micro-injuries to the skin allowing for the formation of new skin cells, collagen, elastin and helps regenerate damaged cells. In addition, by creating microchannels in the skin it gives the regenerative growth factors access to your tissue beneath the skin. Microneedling with the SkinPen also increases blood flow to the face to jumpstart your body’s response to the procedure.
- Coating and Soaking your face with YOUR blood derived growth factors (for a second time): After the microneedling is complete, we apply another layer of PRP on your face (the isolated growth factors from your own plasma) to allow for more growth factors to penetrate deep into your skin. These growth factors activate the stem cells already found on your skin, tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury and new and younger tissue is generated*.
The entire procedure takes about one hour and is surprisingly painless. The Vampire Facial softens fine line and wrinkles, and helps treat uneven skin texture, color and tone. It is not uncommon for skin to immediately feel tighter and softer. Multiple treatments are necessary for optimal results, and a treatment cannot be performed more than once a month.
You will need about two days before you’re ready to be “seen socially”.
Your face will look a bit red (from the microneedling), like you’ve been out in the sun for too long. This will last for about 2 days. It is also not advisable to wear makeup for 24 hours after the procedure.
What Sets Atlas Medical Center Apart?
The providers at Atlas Medical Center have been using regenerative medicine procedures for many years. Our medical providers are experts at PRP and have performed well over 5,000 procedures. Moreover, our medical providers are just one of a few in Texas that have been trained and are specialists in using Dr. Charles Runels, MD techniques. All “Vampire” procedures use very specific methods using blood-derived growth factors with FDA cleared devices. Only those trained by Dr. Charles Runels, MD and his team of experts can offer these procedures. Don’t be fooled by imitations, call us today for this select procedure.
The Vampire Facial® is regulated by strict techniques for optimal safety and results and is licensed by the Cellular Medicine Association. There are many copycat “vampire” treatments available, but the original Vampire Facial® procedure at Atlas Medical Center is performed according to the exclusive treatment standards created by Dr. Charles Runels, MD. Atlas Medical Center uses exclusive patented only methods available to authorized Vampire Facial providers that boost the continued rejuvenating results of your procedure. The Vampire Facial® is a procedure that optimize your facial skin and tissue improvement while hydrating and protecting your new youthful, firm, smooth skin and healthy glow.