Atlas Medical Center specializes in non-surgical regenerative therapies for migraines and headaches. Our expert team understands the debilitating effects of these conditions and provides innovative treatments to alleviate pain, improve quality of life, and restore overall well-being. Discover effective relief from migraines and headaches at Atlas Medical Center.
What Are Migraines?
Migraines are a complex neurological condition characterized by recurring, intense headaches that can significantly impact daily life. Common symptoms include severe throbbing or pulsating pain, often on one side of the head, accompanied by sensitivity to light, sound, and certain odors. Migraines may also cause nausea, vomiting, and visual disturbances. They can last hours or even days, causing distress and hindering productivity. Proper diagnosis and targeted treatments are essential for managing migraines effectively.
Common Symptoms of Migraines:
- Intense, throbbing, or pulsating headache
- Pain usually localized on one side of the head
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
- Sensitivity to sound (phonophobia)
- Sensitivity to smells (osmophobia)
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Visual disturbances (aura)
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Fatigue or exhaustion
- Difficulty concentrating or mental fog
- Scalp tenderness
- Neck stiffness or pain
- Changes in appetite
- Increased urination
- Sweating or chills
It is important to note that not all individuals with migraines experience every symptom, and the severity and frequency of symptoms can vary from person to person.
Other Common Types of Headaches:
- Tension Headaches: The most common type of headache characterized by a dull, aching pain on both sides of the head. It often feels like a tight band around the head and is not usually accompanied by other symptoms.
- Cluster Headaches: Severe headaches that occur in cyclical patterns or clusters. They cause excruciating pain, usually around one eye, and can last weeks to months. Additional symptoms may include redness or tearing of the eye, stuffy or runny nose, and restlessness.
- Sinus Headaches: Headaches caused by inflammation or infection of the sinuses. They often result in pain and pressure around the forehead, cheeks, and eyes. Symptoms may be accompanied by nasal congestion, facial tenderness, and discharge.
- Hormonal Headaches: Headaches that occur due to hormonal fluctuations, commonly experienced by women during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or menopause. They may vary in severity and coincide with other symptoms like mood changes and breast tenderness.
- Rebound Headaches: Also known as medication overuse headaches, these headaches occur due to excessive use of pain relievers or migraine medications. They typically develop as a rebound effect when the medication wears off.
- Cervicogenic Headaches: Headaches that originate from issues in the neck or cervical spine. They often result from neck injuries, car accident injuries (whiplash), poor posture, or muscle tension, and the pain can radiate to the head.
Treatment Options for Migraines & Headaches
Stem Cell Therapy
Stem cell therapy is an innovative treatment option for migraines and headaches that harnesses the regenerative potential of stem cells. These cells have the ability to differentiate into various cell types and promote tissue repair. In stem cell therapy, stem cells are injected into specific areas, such as the neck or head, to target the underlying cause of migraines or headaches. This therapy aims to reduce inflammation, promote healing, and restore normal cellular function.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy involves extracting a small amount of the patient’s blood, processing it to concentrate the platelets, and then injecting the platelet-rich plasma back into the affected area. The platelets contain growth factors and other bioactive substances that promote tissue healing and regeneration. PRP therapy aims to reduce inflammation, improve blood flow, and stimulate the body’s natural healing response, potentially providing relief from migraines and headaches.
Trigger Point Injections
Trigger point injections are a therapeutic option for migraines and headaches that target specific trigger points, which are tight knots of muscle that can cause pain. With this treatment, a healthcare professional injects a local anesthetic or a combination of anesthetics and anti-inflammatory medications into the trigger point. This helps alleviate muscle tension, reduce pain, and relieve the associated symptoms. Trigger point injections can provide immediate relief and can be repeated for ongoing management of migraines.
Chiropractic care focuses on the alignment and function of the spine and nervous system. Chiropractors use manual adjustments, spinal manipulation techniques, and other therapies to correct misalignments or imbalances in the spine, which can contribute to headaches. By restoring proper spinal alignment, chiropractic adjustments aim to reduce tension, improve nerve function, and alleviate headache symptoms. This holistic approach can provide relief and help manage migraines and headaches.
Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT), involves the application of low-intensity lasers or light-emitting diodes to targeted areas of the body, such as the head or neck. The laser light stimulates cellular function and promotes healing by increasing blood flow, reducing inflammation, and relieving muscle tension. Cold laser therapy is painless and can provide effective relief from migraines and headaches without medication or surgeries.
Spinal decompression focuses on relieving pressure on the spinal discs and nerves. It involves using specialized equipment that gently stretches and decompresses the spine. This therapy creates negative pressure within the discs, promoting the retraction of herniated or bulging discs and reducing nerve compression. By restoring proper spinal alignment and reducing nerve irritation, spinal decompression can alleviate headaches caused by spinal issues.
Schedule Your Consultation
Atlas Medical Center offers non-surgical regenerative therapies, providing a progressive approach to healing migraines and headaches. We go beyond traditional methods of pharmaceutical painkillers or surgical procedures, instead harnessing the body’s natural ability to repair itself. If you’re seeking effective, long-lasting relief, schedule your consultation at our Irving or Fort Worth locations. Our expert team is dedicated to restoring your well-being and improving your quality of life.